Information We Collect
Purchase Related Information
We receive and store the information you provide to Game Jelly when you make an application related purchase from Game Jelly or that you provide to us when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. This personal information, such as a first and last name, valid e-mail address or credit card billing data, may be necessary to purchase virtual currency, virtual items, enter a promotion or sweepstakes, or otherwise transact business with us. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our applications' features.
Information We Collect Automatically
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, we automatically send and receive information to and from your computer which we use to automatically update (new features, bug fixes, etc.) our products and services that you may use. Like many websites, we also use "cookies," and other automated tools to obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses our applications. Though such information will typically be used in an aggregated way to improve our products and services, some information may be used to personalize your experience, or to offer you products and services specifically based on your preferences and usage.
Information We Collect From Your Use of a Social Networking Site
This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, your age, your e-mail address, the location of your computer or handheld device, your profile picture, gender, and the pictures and names of your social networking site "friends", as well as other basic information regarding your social networking site "friends" that may be provided by the social networking site to Game Jelly.
You may choose not to allow your social networking site to provide us with certain information about you, but then you might not be able to play our applications or take advantage of many of our applications' features.
A cookie is a small text file recorded on your hard drive that identifies you as a unique user and contains certain information about your online activities.
Game Jelly sends "cookies" to your computer when you use one of our applications. The information we collect from cookies is used to identify you when you log in to play one of our applications from your social networking site profile, to improve the quality of our service and to make our applications more fun and easier to use. Third party advertisers may also send cookies to your computer and collect information from cookies (see the Third Party Advertising Companies section below).
Our applications may contain links to other websites and content offered by other websites, including the social networking site through which you accessed our applications. These other sites maintain their own policies regarding cookies and the collection and use of personal information. It is up to you to review those policies yourself.
How We Use Your Information
Game Jelly may use the information we collect about you for any of the following purposes:
- To better understand how users access and use our products and services, including our applications and advertising, on an aggregated and individualized basis, for the purposes of improving our products and services, and to respond to customer desires and preferences.
- To improve our applications by providing personalized experiences and recommendations, language and location customization, personalized help and instructions, or other responses to your and other customers' usage of our products and services.
- To track purchases and usage as necessary for the purpose of our making royalty or other payments to third parties. However, your personally identifiable information will not be transferred to such third parties unless you have been notified in advance and given an opportunity to opt out or cancel.
- To provide our applications to you, to bill you for virtual currency, virtual items and/or other products or services you purchase from Game Jelly, to communicate with you concerning your account, and for other customer service, authorization, account history and billing purposes. This may include credit card authorization and verification for purchases made from Game Jelly, location verification for products and services which may have limited geographical access, and the like.
- To offer you content, services, games or other products and services.
- To ask you to participate in surveys about products and services.
- To provide you with news and newsletters, special offers, promotions, and targeted advertising.
- To provide our applications to you, to communicate with you concerning your account, and for other customer service, authorization, and account history. This may include location verification for applications which may have limited geographical access, and the like.
- To improve our applications by providing language and location customization, personalized help and instructions, or other responses to your and other customers' usage of our applications.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to any third party, but we may disclose information about you to third parties acting on our behalf or who are our subsidiaries or affiliates. These third parties may assist Game Jelly with processing payments, marketing, resolving service problems, and correcting errors related to the execution of its applications. However, we do not give these third parties (other than our subsidiaries and affiliates) an independent right to share or use your personal information.
How and When We Share Information
Information about our users is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as compatible with the purposes described above, and when we have your permission or as described in this section.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We take commercially reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
If Game Jelly collects your credit card information, Game Jelly will not reveal or store more than the last four digits of your credit card number when you enter into a financial transaction with us through one of our applications. Of course, we will transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company for processing.
We work to protect the security of your financial information during transmission by using software, which encrypts financial information you provide to Game Jelly through our applications such as payment card data.
Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security all of the time.
Any information we collect will be securely processed, stored and archived in databases and backups that could reside in either the United States and/or UK.
Can I Access My Personal Information?
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect and store is reliable, accurate, complete and current. You may also have the right (subject to certain exceptions) to be given a copy of any "personal data" which we as a data controller hold concerning you (and for which we may charge a small fee to process) and to have any inaccuracies in your personal data that is stored by us to be corrected and/or erased. You may exercise any such rights by emailing us at email@example.com. We will need you to provide us with sufficient information to establish your identity and to verify your access request and also to assist us in dealing with your request. Requests will be processed as soon as possible and not later than 40 days.
Please note, however, that we do not have control over the personal information you provide to your social networking site. You will need to contact them directly or log into your social networking site account to access or modify the personal information you provide to them.
What Choices do I Have?
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide personal information to Game Jelly (directly or by allowing your social networking site to do so on your behalf), but that may prevent you from being able to make play or to take advantage of specific features of our applications.
If you do not want to receive promotional e-mails or other promotional communications from us, please email us.
Game Jelly does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
Third-Party Advertising Companies
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our site and on certain Game Jelly games and applications. Our system and the third-party advertising technology uses information derived from cookies on your hard drive and the applications you use to target advertising within our applications. In addition, our advertisers may use other third-party advertising technology to target advertising on other sites. In the course of advertisements being served to you, a unique third-party cookie or cookies may be placed on your computer.
- Google's use of the DART cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to you based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
- Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the advertising opt-out page. Alternatively, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
Similarly, third-party advertising companies may provide us with pixel tags (also called "clear gifs" or "beacons") to help manage and optimize our online advertising. Beacons enable us to recognize a browser's cookie when a browser visits the site on which the beacon is located, and to learn which banner ads bring users to a given site.
Game Jelly does not provide any personal information to third-party advertising companies. Note, however, that if an advertiser asks Game Jelly to show an advertisement to users with certain characteristics (for example, women ages 18-24) or a segment of that group (for example, women ages 18-24 who have viewed certain categories of content) and you respond to that advertisement, the third-party advertising company may conclude that you have the characteristics of the audience that they are trying to reach.
Terms of Service, Notices, and Revisions
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our products or services or would like to make a complaint, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org